|- Come discover with us
Professor Yemane Asmerom - Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, The University of New Mexico
............Isotope Geodynamics ............... .Climate & Environmental Change.......Solar System Evolution .................Surface Processes
Advances in radiogenic isotope geochemistry have opened up unprecedented opportunities in all aspects of earth and planetary sciences research. We have a wide-ranging and continually evolving program. Some of the areas that my group and my collaborators are engaged in include:
- Continental response to rapid climate change, with relevance to global warming.
- Studies of mantle melting processes, currently focused in the Cascade Arc.
- Climate context for cultural change, with studies in SW USA and Mayan Belize and Mexico.
- Application of radiogenic and heavy stable isotopes for a variety of environmental problems, such as uranium contamination of ground water.
- Timing and style of landscape evolution, such as the formation and evolution of the Grand Canyon.
We are now publishing our results in leading journals of earth sciences and general scientific journals (see recent publications). Please click on the specific area of interest above to lean more of past accomplishments and current projects. I encourage prospective collaborators and graduate students to contact me. Feel free to send me e-mail (email@example.com). Come discover with us.
_____________________________________________________________________In the news_______________________________________________________
Direct from the 'Red Planet'
Early Amazonian Mars
Who Killed Woolly?
Climate & Megafauna